LCD / Digitizer Screen Installation
Important: Test the LCD and Digitizer BEFORE Installing in Device:
Steps to follow:
- Don’t remove the protective screen film / cover.
- Attach the flex cable from Digitizer/LCD to your tablet or phone.
- Make sure the flex cable is seated correctly with a "click sound" (IMPORTANT: DO NOT BEND – THE CABLE IS VERY FRAGILE)
- Power on the phone or tablet & test if the image and touch screen are functioning. (Make sure your phone is charged)
- If failure - clean cables with alcohol and repeat the steps
Once installation begins, removing the screen protective film and/or applying adhesive will void returns, refunds, and exchanges.
LCD Screen Installation Tips
- Read instructions carefully before starting repair.
- Many screws will be removed and then re-installed when replacing the screen. The screws are of different sizes and length. You should mark each screw and related assembly with a number so that you can recognize them easily. If you put a screw into a wrong place, your phone could get damaged.
- Keep all pieces organized and numbered and work on a well lit white paper base so that you can see any little pieces that might go missing.
- To prevent equipment damage, make sure you start your repair in a static-free environment. Use a rubber mat - one designed for anti-static or just a household table place mat.
- Make sure you power off your phone before starting repair.
- Check whether there is any dust or debris in between the flex cables and motherboard. Clear them with brush or alcohol dipped cloth.
- Make sure flex cable is properly connected with a “click” sound”.
- Don’t force the connector together until they are properly lined up.
- Don’t bend the flex cable.
- Make sure to remove the red/purple static protection sheet from metal inside of LCD (using small tab sticking out).
IMPORTANT From our experience, after failing to install an LCD assembly the first time, when you try to install it by connecting the connector to the motherboard the second time static will be generated and it will damage the IC on the flex cable or connector rendering the assembly defective. Thus, when replacing the LCD screen assembly, you should always remember to have an anti-static wristband on your hand or other static prevention measures in place. Use a rubber mat.
Most screens come with a protective film to guard against scratches. DON'T remove this until new part is secured in phone. The glass/screen attract dust and fingerprints as well. The protective film help reduce this.