Digital Supply USA has all you need to help you repair your damaged, broken or cracked iPhone 8 screen, including kits that will help you get the job done and instructions that will guide you every step of the way.
Gather the items from your replacement kit set from Digital Supply USA. It is vitally important that the screws must be replaced exactly for the phone to function properly after it is reassembled.
- Power down your iPhone 8.
- On the bottom of the phone, remove the two 3.4 mm pentalobe screws with the iPhone pentalobe screwdriver using a counter-clockwise rotation (turn left). These two screws are located on opposite sides of the Lightning connector.
- Apply heat to the screen to soften the adhesive. Digital Supply USA recommends using a blow dryer, moving it around approximately 4" away from the screen. Using a precision knife, run the blade along the entire front seam of the screen to create enough space to insert the triangle opening tool. (A suction cup can be used for this step, as well.)
- With the triangle opening tool, run the point of the tool completely around the seam. The opening tool will slice through the adhesive, loosening the screen and making it easier to remove.
- Very carefully, decouple the iPhone 8 display assembly from the rear case. It will open to the side. The display assembly will still be connected to the iPhone by cables along the middle right side. DO NOT try to completely remove the display assembly entirely at this point.
- Using the professional Phillips screwdriver, remove the four Phillips screws that secure the bracket that covers the battery, display and home-button cables. These screws are all different sizes. Make a note to yourself to remember where they go; it is very important that these screws are replaced in the correct holes upon reassembly.
- With the bracket out of the way, pry the cables up from the logic board (disconnect the flex cables). Disconnect the battery cable to release power from the home button.
- Remove the three Phillips screws that secure the bracket covering the upper component display cable. Remove the camera and front speaker assembly. Remove the bracket.
- At this point, you will be taking apart the entire glass screen LCD assembly parts. This is because you will need to install these parts of the screen onto your new replacement screen.
- Use your small Phillips head screwdriver to remove the screws on the top. Remove the front-facing camera, proximity sensor, front flash and flex cable.
- Use your tri-point screwdriver to remove the remaining screws along the edge of the screen (six screws) and the bottom screws that are holding down the home button assembly (four screws). Lift up on the home button flex cable connector, then remove the home button flex cable.
- Lift up on the metal brackets. Pull up gently; it will be held down with adhesive to the flex cables.
- The broken LCD screen may be put to the side.
- Using the replacement screen from Digital Supply USA, reassemble your iPhone 8 in reverse order.
For Product or technical questions, please submit your question to the team of technicians and past customers of your product by clicking the "Questions" link located above the products price.