Use the following instructions to replace your iPhone 6 screen using the repair kit from Digital Supply USA.
iPhone 6 Parts
Disclaimer: Repair phone at own risk. Digital Supply USA is not responsible for damaged phones or parts incurred during the repair process.
- Mini screwdrivers
- Replacement screen
Other Supplies Necessary:
- Hair blow dryer
- Scotch tape
- Rubbing alcohol
- Remove two pentalobe screws from the button edge of the phone (below the home button).
- Open the phone by lifting the screen up from the bottom edge.
- Remove five screws from the ribbon cable in the upper righthand corner of the phone’s interior.
- Remove the screen and set the bottom half of the phone aside.
- Remove three screws from each side of the screen.
- Remove the screws surrounding the home button, speaker mesh and metal plate, then remove these elements. If any adhesive is keeping the elements in place, heat it using a hair blow dryer and then remove it.
- Heat the screen using a blow dryer and remove the bezel frame surrounding the screen. Continue heating it as necessary to loosen the adhesive.
- Apply scotch tape to cover the screen. Use the blow dryer to heat the screen and melt the tape to the glass (this keeps the shards of glass together so everything comes off in one piece).
- Heat the taped screen with a blow dryer. Then, slide the piece of wire or fishing string under the screen at the top edge and begin pulling it down to remove the screen coating. Pause to reheat the screen occasionally to assist in pulling the wire through.
- Once the coating has been removed, pull the broken glass off the iPhone 6 LCD display.
- Heat the glue on the LCD display using the blow dryer, then gently slide the razorblade along the glue to remove it.
- Dab a paper towel into a small amount of rubbing alcohol and rub it on the LCD display to remove any remaining traces of glue.
- Place the LCD display on a clean paper towel. Set the new bezel frame on top, being careful to line it up with the display.
- Use a permanent marker to place dots on the paper towel around the bezel frame.
- Place scotch tape around the edges of the LCD display to prevent any liquid getting on the back of the display.
- Apply the adhesive evenly across the LCD display.
- Carefully set the new glass over the display, being sure to align it properly. Press down very slowly starting from the home button edge to allow the glue to spread as you press down.
- Dry the phone with the hairdryer for about five minutes, concentrating on the corners and edges.
- Remove the scotch tape from the edges of the phone and scrape off any remaining glue with the razorblade.
- Use the hair dryer around the edges once more to ensure all the glue is dry.
- Heat the bezel frame with the blow dryer to activate the pre-installed glue.
- Place the adhesive on the frame, place the bezel frame onto the phone, being sure everything is perfectly aligned before pressing down.
- Reassemble the phone, beginning with the metal plate, speaker mesh and home button, followed by the ribbon cable. Connect the two halves of the phone and replace the two screws from the bottom edge.
- Power on your iPhone 6 and check to make sure your new screen is working properly.
Notes from Digital Supply USA:
- Remember which screws came from which locations in the phone to ensure that everything goes back in its proper place.
- Be sure to keep the small screws away from the blow dryer while in use so that they don’t blow away.
- Adding scotch tape to the screen is only necessary for shattered screens; for a hairline fracture, you can skip this step.
- Keep the iPhone 6 LCD display on a flat surface as much as possible during the replacement.
- Use a rubbing alcohol with an alcohol content above 90 percent to ensure that you clean your LCD display effectively.