Step-by-Step iPhone 5 Screen Replacement Directions
- Remove the 2 star shaped screws from the bottom side of the iPhone 5 located on opposite sides of the sync port located on the bottom. For this you will need a special tool called a pentalobe screwdriver to remove these 2 screws.
- Using a large suction cup to gently and carefully lift the broken iPhone 5 screen up from the bottom (located near the home button). Note: There are still cables attached at the top of the device so you will need to lift the screen up at an angle. TIP: If the iPhone glass screen is badly cracked you might need to apply packaging tape over the screen to make a seal for suction.
- Next step, remove the (three) phillips screws holding the metal plate in place which is covering 3 cables that are plugged into the logic board & are all attached to the iPhone 5 LCD screen assembly.
- Remove the 3 cables by carefully unplugging them using a non-conductive plastic prying tool. Next we completely separate the screen assembly from the iPhone device.
- Now, if you're new screen assembly does not include the home button, earpiece, & proximity sensor you will then need to transfer these components from your old iPhone 5 screen assembly to the new device.
- Plug in the three cables from your new iPhone 5 screen in the opposite order they were first removed.
- Replace the metal cover over the plugs & screw in the 3 phillips screws holding this metal plate in its place.
- Now carefully begin to set the new iPhone device screen flush around the perimeter. caution: If you apply excessive pressure or do not gradually set the screen flush by applying evenly placed pressure & working your way around the perimeter, you risk cracking your replacement glass. Be Careful!
- Using the pentalobe screwdriver, screw in the two star shaped screws at the bottom of the iPhone device located on opposite sides of the sync port.
Our high quality replacement screens can be found here
You have successfully replaced- repaired your iPhone 5 Screen!
NOTE: This instuctional tutorial is meant for informational purposes only. We cannot be held responsible for any damages or injuries that result from following these instructions.