Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Spec Guide
The sparkling new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was released with much fanfare in September, and comes with a slew of great, new features that make it worthy of an in-depth look. The Note 8's most notable feature is certainly its oversized screen - the biggest one on a Note yet - and its impressive Infinity Display. And, maybe to compensate for the failure of the Note 7, this new device gets a whole lot more great upgrades that you'll want to check out, including its revolutionary new Dual Camera. Digital Supply USA is on the frontlines with everything you need to know about the Note 8, and we've already got high-quality Note 8 cases, screen protectors and replacement parts to keep your Note 8 in great shape.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specifications
Note 8 Screen - As previously mentioned, the new Galaxy Note got a big-time upgrade with its largest screen yet. The 6.3-inch screen has an aspect ratio of 18.5:9, promising picture-perfect visuals. It also features Samsung's Infinity Display, a nearly bezel-less glass screen that provides an edge-to-edge viewing experience. The Infinity Display was first released with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ models last year. The new screen size means that the Note 8 is significantly wider and heavier than its predecessors.
- Note 8 Camera - Another major upgrade to the Note 8 is its two rear cameras, dubbed the Dual Camera, which provides wide-angle, telephoto and low-light capabilities. Both of these 12-megapixel cameras feature optical image stabilization (OIS), which promises steadier shots than before. You'll also enjoy optical zoom, live focus and dual capture capabilities with this new double camera. Reviewers have noted that the Dual Camera provides for extra shooting options, and allows you to grab better photos and videos with less noise
- The New S Pen - The S Pen has always been what makes the Note special, so it's no surprise that the new version of the device gets some fantastic new upgrades, too. The neatly nestled stylus allows you to doodle and write handwritten notes right from your device. This year, the S Pen got some new upgrades in terms of software. Now you can use the S Pen to create live messages and jot down notes without unlocking your screen. The new S Pen features a fine tip and 4,096 pressure levels to give you a natural, authentic writing experience.
- Memory, Storage and Performance - The new Note is equipped with a high-performing 10 nm mobile processor plus 6 GB of RAM, which promises to keep your phone running smoothly and quickly no matter what you're operating. It comes with an impressive 64 GB of base storage with the option to add a microSD card to up to 256 GB of storage. As far as Note 8 battery life goes, it's remarkably average. It has a 3,300 mAh Lithium-ion battery that claims to deliver up to 22 hours of talk time and up to 74 hours of music play. The standard battery size reinforces Samsung's desire to play it safe after the disastrous Note 7 battery fiasco.
At a Glance: The Note 8
- 6.3-inch screen with Infinity Display
- 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- 1440 x 2960 pixels
- Dual 12 MP camera with OIS
- 64 GB of internal storage
- microSD storage of up to 256 GB
- 6 GB internal RAM
- 3,300 mAh Li-ion battery