iPhone 12 Mini Teardown
iPhone 12 Mini
iPhone 12 Mini is the new small compact iPhone released by Apple in 2020. If you think that this phone is small and is a lite version of an iPhone with lower specs, then you are wrong here. Apple has provided us a small affordable phone with the performance that we can actually compare with any other iPhone 12 model.
iPhone 12 Mini comes with 4 GB of ram and up to 256 GB of storage, And with one of the most powerful bionic chip, A-14. This iPhone will blow your mind when it comes to performance. A-14 is the latest bionic chip introduced by Apple for the new iPhones.
When it comes to Camera performance, you get the new 12 megapixels primary camera and one 12 megapixels ultra-wide camera at the back, and one 12 megapixels selfie camera in front, the same camera that is used in iPhone 12.
iPhone 12 Mini comes with a screen size of 5.4 inches. The screen size is small, but still, it comes with a bezel-less design, an OLED panel with HDR support. This phone is for all those small phone lovers who want all the new specs in a small compact phone at an affordable price.
iPhone 12 Mini is a good phone. However, sometimes you face issues related to its hardware like a broken screen, broken camera lens, or speaker not working properly. Giving your iPhone to any professional for solving your problem can be costly. One economical solution to this can be solving your problem yourself and for this, let's start with a complete teardown of the iPhone 12 Mini.
Teardown Of iPhone 12 Mini
- Screen teardown :
- The first thing you will do before starting the teardown process is turning off your iPhone by pressing the volume down and power button together. You will see the option to turn off your device on the screen, just slide and turn off your iPhone. After that, use a pentalobe screwdriver to unscrew two screws at the bottom.
- Slowly lift the screen up with a pry tool's help and then open the screen carefully from right to left. Now you'll have to remove the FPC shield by unscrewing 1 screw at the bottom and 5 at the top with a tri-tip screwdriver. After that, you can easily unplug the battery, LCD, and ear speaker.
- The screen parts are very compact, so to avoid any damage, we always start from the bottom corners and not from the middle. To remove an earpiece, you'll have to heat that part to melt the glue and after that, just unscrew 4 screws, two tri-tip screws, and two Phillips screws.
- Mainboard Teardown
- The sim slot in iPhone 12 Mini is integrated with the mainboard. To remove it, we first have to remove the shield by unscrewing 2 Phillips screws. After that, you'll have to unscrew two more screws, i.e., 1 Phillips pin and 1 y shape screw, to remove the taptic engine. You can remove the sim tray after this step.
- After this, you'll need to unplug wires from all the connectors. Now we are going to remove the camera, and to do that, we will first unscrew the metal shield by unscrewing 4 Phillips screws. After that, you can easily take out both the rear and front camera modules.
- After unscrewing 3 Phillips screws, 1 y shape screw, and removing the metal shield, we can remove the motherboard from the phone.
- Battery Teardown
- To make the process of removal of the battery easy, we will first remove the loudspeaker of the phone. In order to do that, we will just unscrew 4 Phillips screws, and then we will just take out the loudspeaker and the metal plate.
- To remove the battery, we will just have to carefully pull out 4 adhesives, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. After pulling them, you can easily take the battery out.
- Flex Teardown
- Charging Dock and Bluetooth Flex
To remove the charging dock, you will unscrew 3 Phillips pin screws and 7 Phillips screws at the bottom. After that, you can just unplug 2 wires and can take out the microphone fastening piece, and by heating the bottom area of the phone, you can take out the charging dock. After removing the Charging dock, we can remove the Bluetooth flex as well.
- Wi-Fi Flex
Before removing the Wi-Fi flex, you will unbolt 1 Phillip and 1 y shape screw to remove the LED flash flex. After that, you will just have to unscrew 4 more y shape screws to take out the Wi-Fi flex.
- Mute &Volume &Wireless Charging Flex
6 Phillips screws are covered with a plastic bracket on the right side of the phone; you will remove the bracket and then unbolt the screws. After that, you'll have to carefully remove the Mute & Volume and wireless charging flex.
So now you know how to do a complete teardown of the iPhone 12 Mini. Now you can solve the problem yourself. But still, sometimes people think they can't do this as they do not have the required tools for the procedure.
For example, if you have a broken screen, you know how to fix it but do not have the tools and parts required, Digital Supply USA is here to help you in a situation like this. Digital Supply USA will provide you all the tools and parts required to fix your broken iPhone 12 Mini.
Why Digital Supply USA
Digital Supply USA provides you with the required tools and parts at the lowest price in the USA. The products and tools provided are of high quality, and the price is very cheap, which makes it more economical. Digital Supply USA has a big list of happy and satisfied customers from all over the US.
The quality of products is very good. That is the reason why we offer a lifetime warranty for our products. Not just the quality, the instructions provided with the products are very easy so that you can repair your product easily. So what are you waiting for? Contact us now and repair your broken phone at an affordable price.